Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ajguida11

My spouse's 1099 keeps showing up as mine. I've changed it in the app and on the desktop site and it won't stay changed.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

My spouse's 1099 keeps showing up as mine. I've changed it in the app and on the desktop site and it won't stay changed.

Did you change the order of the names on a joint return?

ORDER OF NAMES ON A JOINT RETURN  https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901551-does-the-order-of-the-names-on-a-joint-return-matter

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
LenaH
Employee Tax Expert

You will have the option of changing the information for your 1099 under the page Let's get the info from your 1099. The first question will give you an option of who the 1099 is for. Once you select your spouse's name, it should save when you hit continue. 

How you get back to this page will depend on which type of 1099 you want to change. Here are general directions to help you get to the page you need:

1. Open your return in TurboTax.
  2. Search 1099-xxxx (example: 1099-MISC) with the magnifying glass icon on the top of the page. 
  3. Select the Jump to 1099-xxxx link at the top of the search results.
  4. Edit the 1099 under the summary page.
  5. Choose the right spouse and hit continue

If that does not work, you should try to log out of your TurboTax and delete your cookies. For more information on how to delete your cookies on the browser you are using, please see How do I delete cookies?.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies