Solved: My son lives with me and we provide most of his living costs, can we claim him as a dependent? He works a part time job and turned 25 June 2016.

My son lives with me and we provide most of his living costs, can we claim him as a dependent? He works a part time job and turned 25 June 2016.

My son turned 25 June 2016, we provide him food, a car, a home to live in, cable TV, electricity, heat, laundry...

Why can't we claim him as at least a partial dependent?

There is no such thing as a "partial" dependent.  If your 25 year old son earned more than $4050 in 2016 you cannot claim him.  If he earned less than $4050 in 2016 you can enter him as qualified relative.  If you do claim him, he cannot claim his own personal exemption on his return--he will have to say he can be claimed as a dependent on someone else's tax return.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/3113432-who-can-i-claim-as-my-dependent