turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Asinnock

My returns were rejected pending an incorrect agi? But the agi it is asking for is my 2018 agi? I filed my taxes last year in the spring so why is it asking about my 2018

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

My returns were rejected pending an incorrect agi? But the agi it is asking for is my 2018 agi? I filed my taxes last year in the spring so why is it asking about my 2018

You need to enter your 2018 AGI in order to e-file your 2019 return.  The IRS uses that to verify that the same person is filing the return.  

Where do I find my AGI?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/agi/help/how-do-i-find-last-year-s-agi/01/25947

Your 2018 tax return shows your 2018 Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) If you filed a joint return then the AGI is the same for each of you.

Form 1040        line 7

If you are using the same TT account that you used last year, you should also be able to find this number in your Tax Timeline for 2018

If entering the amount from your 2018 tax return does not work, then try entering “0” instead.  If that does not work and you still cannot e-file, then print, sign, and mail your tax return.

You can get a free transcript of your past return from the IRS: 

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

Note: If you filed late or amended your return, your correct 2018 AGI may not be in the system.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1944348-how-do-i-print-and-mail-my-return-in-turbotax-online

Note:  If you mail your federal return, you will also need to mail your state return.  You will not be able to e-file your state return.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Deano1
Returning Member

We had same issue for our 2019 return - entered correct AGI but return was rejected for AGI error. We filed 2018 taxes late (December 2019). Even though our 2018 tax return was processed, for some reason it is still not in system and therefore did not recoginize correct AGI. Since 2018 is not yet recognized, entering $0 works and 2019 return is accepted (just filed mid April).

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies