Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

laborada
Returning Member

My return was rejected due to unreimbursed business meals? Turbotax said the issue will be fixed by April 14, 2023. Is this accurate?

What is this issue about meals? Will my return be rejected if I file again?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies
PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

My return was rejected due to unreimbursed business meals? Turbotax said the issue will be fixed by April 14, 2023. Is this accurate?

Yes, you should wait until this is resolved before attempting to file your return again. 

This experience has been reported and is under investigation. You may sign up for updates here: Why aren't my meals 100% deductible for my K-1? Even if this doesn't seem to apply to your situation, the form & calculations will be updated in TurboTax when the investigation is complete.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
laborada
Returning Member

When will turbotax be able to resolve the issue on meal deductions under K1 and will turbotax notify me once resolved? because when I try to review again the fed and state return, turbotax gives it all green check or no issues. 
do i need to file an extension just in case? 
thank you for helping a stressed filer

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

This is a known issue that we are working to resolve. We apologize for the inconvenience. 

Jimbar
Returning Member

Your link did not work for me and I have the same issue.    Very frustrating that this issue comes up so late in the tax season without an update until 04/14.    I have been using Turbo Tax for decades and have never had my return rejected.  Is this some sort of last-minute change by the IRS causing this issue as I have entered my K1 the same way for years.

Thanks

Jim

MichaelG81
Expert Alumni

This issue hasn't been fixed yet, please refer to the following link for updates if you haven't done so already. We are working diligently to fix this for all of our clients experiencing this issue. 

Click here for updates. It'll get rejected if refiled before the fix.

@Jimbar 

laborada
Returning Member

Hi Tax Expert, 

I just to follow up if the issue with 2022 K1 unreimbursed meals has been fixed and Im good to refile my rejected return? 

thank you

Gary

DawnC
Expert Alumni

The issue has been resolved, but you need to go back in and recategorize your meals expense.   There are now 2 different entry options - one for 50% deductible meals and one for 100% deductible meals.   After you clarify your meals amount, then you can resubmit your return.   

dteitelbaum88
Returning Member

This is false.  If you go to supplemental business expenses, print Schedule E supplemental expenses, it does not show the 100% vs 50% distinction (the form has not changed) and the IRS is still rejecting.  Please still mark this as open. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies