Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

tan13111

My return was rejected due to FED_Taxable_Inherited_IRA but I did not inherit an IRA.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

430 Replies

My return was rejected due to FED_Taxable_Inherited_IRA but I did not inherit an IRA.

Just received the same rejection message, and as another posted, I did not inherit an IRA nor indicate that I did. When looking at "check E-File status", a statement indicates "We are reviewing updates to taxable inherited IRA calculations. We expect to have these updates done by March 5".  Perhaps this is an indication that TurboTax, in fact has not been fully updated for filing when one has a normal IRA distribution?

I was the one who posted a few minutes ago. Yes, same thing .. a problem with an inherited IRA that I do not even have. 

I am going to wait until March 5th, to attempt a resubmission based on the message indicated in "check E-File status", assuming the program has an update on or about that date.

Same here...   

I have a Traditional IRA, with some non-deductible contributions (form 8606), for which I had a 2020 distribution. I do NOT have any inherited IRAs. 

But the IRS rejected my e-filed return. When I open the return in TurboTax Premier a message states  "There is a potential issue with the calculation of your Taxable Inherited IRA.  We are reviewing updates to Taxable Inherited IRA calculations. We expect to have these updates done by March 5th, 2021."

Like others, I guess I will have to wait until the 5th, and check for updates to the software again, then roll the dice again. 

I think I'll bookmark the web site for TaxAct... just in case. 

I received exactly the same message a few minutes ago. I have income from IRA to Roth conversion but no inherited IRA.

Also told that something will be calculated by March 5. It must be a bug in either TurboTax or IRS software that is rejecting returns for no good reason

My distribution (also described in this thread) was also for a Traditional IRA => Roth IRA conversion. 

Interesting. 

as1892

Just got rejected for the same reason. Do not have an inherited IRA.

Did a tIRA > 401k rollover and also a non-deductible tIRA > Roth conversion.

Would love some more information from TT on what the issue is here.

I just got the same error for the same reason: tIRA to Roth conversion.  No inherited IRA

Is that the complete reject message?  Is there a reject code?

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
as1892

Reject Code FED_Taxable_Inherite

FED_Taxable_Inherited_IRA - There is a potential issue with the calculation of your Taxable Inherited IRA.

Reject code (maybe?): FED_Taxable_Inherited_IRA

But I do not have an inherited IRA

Same happened to me. Wife & I both made non-deductible contributions and backdoored them to ROTH IRAs. Same procedure as previous years, I removed & reentered all IRA & 1099-R info and refiled. Fingers crossed..

Same Problem! Fed Return Rejected due to

"FED_Taxable_Inherited_IRS".  Like everyone else, I did not inherit an IRA!

To Turbo Tax:  please fix this as soon as possible.

Thank you.

ASB

I had the exact same problem today. Non-deductible IRA to Roth conversion. Not inherited. 

When I checked the filing status after receiving the email notifying of the rejection, I received the same message as others re Mar 5th. About an hour later, I checked the status again to get a screen shot and it is no longer there -- ie, TurboTax walks me through e-filing steps again. 

How will we know when a fix is in place? Has anyone tried to re-file? 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies