My return was rejected because of R0000-500-01 - ,...

My return was rejected because of R0000-500-01 - , I have corrected the error, printed and mailed my return on the 29th, of April. I have yet to hear anything as of yet.

Mailed returns can take up to 14 weeks to process under normal circumstances.  I would anticipate lengthy delays.  https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-operations-during-covid-19-mission-critical-functions-continue

Should I try to re efile.

If you e-file after filing on paper your return will probably be rejected based on the paper filing.  

It is possible that it may go through if the IRS has not processed the return.