katiehunt1983

My refund changed why

I had to amend and add my health insurance and my refund got higher and says should be mailed out checking on when that will happen

My refund changed why

Did you actually do the amended return form 1040X?  Did you file the first return and was it accepted?  You will still get the first refund or still need to pay the first tax due.  Then the amended return is only for the difference you get back or owe.  Amended returns can only be MAILED not efiled and will take like 16 weeks to process and they only mail checks for refunds, not direct deposit.
katiehunt1983

My refund changed why

I did the amend on the website. I filed my first return and was accepted on Jan. 25th but haven't gotten anything from that was suppose to be direct deposit and now when I go on website to look into my refund it has New total and says mailed out to my address but haven't gotten anything and I can't track it

My refund changed why

OK.  Have you mailed the amended return yet?  I would wait and see if the IRS changed your refund for you so you might not have to do the amended return after all.  In fact you should not amend until you get the first refund in case the IRS changes it.
katiehunt1983

My refund changed why

I never received a paper form to fill out and mail back just did the amend on the website and I would think my first return should have been here already but I could be wrong I guess bottom line I just need to know if I've done everything I need to do and just wait or call and talk to someone at the IRS

My refund changed why

The amended return is form 1040X.  That is what you are filling out in Turbo Tax.  That is the paper you print out and mail to the IRS.  Where did it say New Total?  On Turbo Tax or at the IRS?
katiehunt1983

My refund changed why

When I go into track my refund gives me an option to pick that says more about my refund I click that and shows one total that was excepted in Jan then shows new total that says mailed to my address and all on turbotax