Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My parent had me on their health insurance until they did their taxes in December 2022. they had to take me off the insurance . so i share policy with them

I am trying to check the box that says "i shared policy" which i did because my name is on their form but i dont know what the percentage thing is
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Critter-3
Level 15
Intuit Approved! This answer has been verified for accuracy by an Intuit expert employee

My parent had me on their health insurance until they did their taxes in December 2022. they had to take me off the insurance . so i share policy with them

If you were listed on a 1095A form with your parents then you MUST get that 1095A form from them and enter your info on that form on your return.  Then ask your parents how much of the Premium tax credit they took on their return.   If they used 100% then you will take 0% on your return.  If they took 60% then you take 40% and so forth.  Follow the interview screens carefully ... read everything. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Contact Support on Monday if you don't get an answer by then.

How do I contact TurboTax? (intuit.com)

Critter-3
Level 15
Intuit Approved! This answer has been verified for accuracy by an Intuit expert employee

If you were listed on a 1095A form with your parents then you MUST get that 1095A form from them and enter your info on that form on your return.  Then ask your parents how much of the Premium tax credit they took on their return.   If they used 100% then you will take 0% on your return.  If they took 60% then you take 40% and so forth.  Follow the interview screens carefully ... read everything. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies