Solved: My niece has been going to night school twice a week for 2 1/2 hours each night since July 2017. Is that considered a full time student so we can claim her on our taxes?

My niece has been going to night school twice a week for 2 1/2 hours each night since July 2017. Is that considered a full time student so we can claim her on our taxes?

Full-time is the number of credits the school considers as full-time so would would have to ask the school.  If your niece lived with you all year and had income of less then $4,050 for the year, and you provided more than 1/2 her support, you can probably claim her as a dependent anyway.  If she made more than that, she would have to be under the age of 24 at 12/31/17, and would indeed have to be a full-time student.