Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My Medical Expenses I have entered total $17,500 but TurboTax is displaying a different total ($22,359). Why? Where could it be drawing the difference from?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

My Medical Expenses I have entered total $17,500 but TurboTax is displaying a different total ($22,359). Why? Where could it be drawing the difference from?

Maya,

Thank you very much for this insight.  I will check this out right away!  Have a great year, stay safe and be well!

Jim R

View solution in original post

2 Replies
MayaD
Expert Alumni

Did you enter a 1095-A Health Insurance Marketplace Statement or a Social security 1099-SSA form that had Medicare on it? 

Medical Expenses Worksheet will tell you what numbers are used to compute deductible medical and dental expenses. 

To view the worksheet:

1.  Go to Tax Tools
  2.  Click Print Center
  3.  Click Print, save or preview this year's return / Include government and TurboTax worksheets. You might have to pay first.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Maya,

Thank you very much for this insight.  I will check this out right away!  Have a great year, stay safe and be well!

Jim R

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies