jess-miller211

My locality name (box 20) on my W2 is incorrect. I moved prior to this tax year, but they have my previous home's locality name on my forms. Do I need to get this fixed?

Will having the wrong locality name (box 20) impact my file? I believe all of the number amounts are correct in terms of wages, taxes withheld, etc., but the locality name is not correct for where I currently live (and have lived the entire tax year).  

DawnC0

Yes, you should get it fixed, but no, it will not impact your filing.  You want to make sure that your employer is taking and sending the correct amount from you and to the correct taxing authority.  

DawnC0