Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My income tax was prepared by a tax account last year. I have only a 1040-SR and not at 1040-A. Where do I find the answer that should be on a 1040-A when I only have a 1040-SR

My income tax was prepared by a tax account last year. I have only a 1040-SR and not at 1040-A. Where do I find the answer that should be on a 1040-A when I only have a 1040-SR

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

Form 1040A is no longer a form that is used.  It was used in years past to report limited sources of income. 

Form 1040-SR is essentially a 1040 form but in bigger print and is available to taxpayers 65 and older.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

The IRS stopped using the 1040A many years ago.  Do you need to see something on the 1040 Schedule A for Itemized Deductions?  Is it for your state refund you got?  Check 1040SR line 12 to see if you took the Standard Deduction.

A State Tax Refund is taxable if you itemized deductions on that prior year's federal return and took a deduction for state income taxes instead of the sales tax. You got a deduction benefit for it so now you have to include it as income. If you took the Standard Deduction it is not taxable and you don't need to report it. Check your 1040 line 12 to see which deduction you took.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies