Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My husband owns a business.. however I’m not dependent on him as I have my own job, if we file together will I receive a tax refund? Will it help to file seperate?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

My husband owns a business.. however I’m not dependent on him as I have my own job, if we file together will I receive a tax refund? Will it help to file seperate?

Without the details of your taxes, it is impossible to know if you will receive a refund. If you were married any time of the last year, you need to file as a married person. You have two options for filing: Married Filing Jointly or Married Filing Separately. Married Filing Jointly is the generally best option. For more information on the difference, and which to choose, follow this link Married Filing Jointly v Separately

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Without the details of your taxes, it is impossible to know if you will receive a refund. If you were married any time of the last year, you need to file as a married person. You have two options for filing: Married Filing Jointly or Married Filing Separately. Married Filing Jointly is the generally best option. For more information on the difference, and which to choose, follow this link Married Filing Jointly v Separately

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies