Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My federal refund at the top so far is over 9 billion dollars. Something is very wrong. I am on a teacher salary!

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies

My federal refund at the top so far is over 9 billion dollars. Something is very wrong. I am on a teacher salary!

Then you have a decimal problem.   Or you added some zeros.   Go back and check your income entries and watch the decimals.   The decimal and comma are next to each other on your keyboard----you must be hitting the wrong keys.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Well, you're wrong.  I have only come as far as my W-2 which was uploaded and rechecked.  I only entered two sets of numbers manual which were in the three digits.  This is a Turbo Tax problem and I am not getting the support I need.

How odd...there have not been any reports that users are getting refunds in the billions on that refund monitor.  Delete your W- 2 and try entering it by hand instead of importing it.   Maybe the import system has gone nuts.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Thank you.  I've deleted EVERYTHING and the 9 billion dollar refund still appears at the top.  

Try clearing cache and cookies.  Or try a different browser.

I have cleared all amounts.  I have cleared cache and cookies.  I have switched browsers and switched computers.  The 9 billion dollar amount is still there.  

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number

https://twitter.com/TeamTurboTax

or

https://www.facebook.com/turbotax

When I click on the refund amount, I get the information that I have paid this amount already in taxes, my taxes owed are 0, and my refund is 9 billion dollars.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies