turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

My federal e-file is not going through. I'm given the following error message: 601ERRV:5, CustHdr_17 - ?:? - Invalid SMS Number. Must be between 10 and 10 digits.

Same issue here. Filing from Colombia. Hopefully this is fixed soon. It is a bit frustrating given the price of the service although the some of the help received has been helpful from CPAs, some not so much. Hit and miss I suppose.

My federal e-file is not going through. I'm given the following error message: 601ERRV:5, CustHdr_17 - ?:? - Invalid SMS Number. Must be between 10 and 10 digits.

I am also an expat, living in the Philippines. I am using a VPN with a US server and my phone number is US through Google Voice.

I guess we're still waiting on this. I just want to file and be done... I inputted my US number as well, and continue to get this error message. 

Guess we will all need to wait until Monday or Tuesday, US time to have Intuit fix this software error.  This issue has been rolling for about a week now.  Intuit, we expect better than this for our money. 

Same for me - filing from France, though I've changed my address and phone number to a US address.  Seems to be an expat issue, my last years return had a French address.  But changing it to US doesn't solve the issue, nor filling in the address info again.  Will try on Monday I guess.

Kind of odd that Intuit can't return a call to me and can get into my previous message and DELETE the intuit customer support toll-free phone number that I had posted yesterday.  Eight Hundred - six hundred twenty four  -  nine thousand and sixty six

I think everyone having this problem should call and complain.  Why are we waiting a week to make a tiny software change.

Their proposed solution is to mail in the tax return.  Mail?  Isn't the reason I paid Turbo Tax $160 this year so I would be able to electronically file, as I have done previously for the past 10 years?

There are lots of alternatives that I will search out on DuckDuckGo for completing my taxes next year.

@curtis6 

Sounds like someone at Support told you mail simply because there is not a known fix yet.  If it was me, I wouldn't file by mail right now, since a fix is likely to be available at some point, and there is still plenty of time to efile--especially with the new filing deadline of July 15 for a Federal return due to the Coronavirus situation.  ( State return deadlines may vary.)  The IRS is not even processing paper returns for the time being.   Can you imagine the manual backlog once they do?!

As you likely realized, TurboTax Support did not manually delete the phone number you posted.  The forum privacy filter did, for reasons explained below.   They have several phone numbers.  Here's one at the FAQ below.   And the contact form may assign a different phone number depending on the issue.

FAQ: What is the TurboTax phone number?
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

Or use this contact form to get a phone number (during business hours) :
https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact

Support hours are 5AM-5PM Pacific (8AM-8PM Eastern), Mon-Fri

The forum privacy filter, however, will automatically redact any phone number from this forum that it recognizes by a user who doesn't have privilege to post one.  It is not uncommon for scammers to post phone numbers and URLS in this forum.    It will also delete an email address and SSN if it recognizes them.

Unfortunately, users occasionally post their personal phone number (even SSNs and account numbers) in this public Internet forum, which is picked up by search engines.  And without the forum privacy filter, no telling who might try to phone them and pretend to be from TurboTax and ask for personal info to try to scam them.

Kuper84

Same here. So annoying..wish they fix it asap..

@curtis6  and others:

One thing I'm curious about.  Are all of you using Online TurboTax?  I know the original poster who started the thread is using Online TurboTax and that you are as well.   I was curious if anyone experiencing this problem is using the desktop software (CD/download) or whether this is strictly an Online TurboTax problem.

i am using online.  Not download.

Thank you for your wisdom.  As you can guess, I am impatient.  ha ha.

Online Turbo Tax for me

Online for me as well.

Day 2 trying to E-file from Germany. Oddly, the phone number I gave in "My Info" is a US 10 digit phone number. From looking at others posting here, it seems to be exclusively an issue for overseas filers. I hope it's fixed soon. Just paid $120 to Turbo Tax and now getting this error message on the final, most crucial step is rather disappointing.

Same issue here. Filing from Colombia.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies