turbotax icon
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

New Member

My employer's name and address is misspelled

This feature is pending. Thanks for your patience.
Didn't get the answer you wanted? Would you like to view more questions that might be relevant?
1 Reply
New Member

My employer's name and address is misspelled

You can either enter the W-2 or 1099-MISC as it is on the form or correct it if it is a typing error. If these are typing errors it will not effect the information or your return.  

However, do not change the name or address on the W-2 for your employer unless it is just a typing error.  Many companies use other corporate names or administrative addresses that do not relate to your physical place of employment.

However, you should never make any alterations on the Federal Tax ID for your employer

If you have questions regarding the W-2, contact your employer for verification. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
message box icon

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing
Manage cookies