emsjohn823

My employer name doesn't match my W-2 and it won't let me change it.

the only difference is at the end of the name it wants to auto fill "tmp" but on my W-2 it say "INC"

ToddL

As long as the  EIN on your W-2 matches the EIN you are entering (or importing), this difference in the name won't affect your tax return. 

It is not uncommon for the employer's "official name" (the one showing on their EIN account) to be different from the one on the W-2s they send out. The name they used to apply for an EIN may be different from the name they "do business as" (DBA), to include what name they have entered in their payroll system.

ToddL

39margea

My return was rejected because the employer name not match the IRS.  It says "Office of Personnel" when it should say "Federal Aviation Admin."

39margea

Return has been rejected