My efile rejected with IND-032-04. Last year retur...

skonline99

My efile rejected with IND-032-04. Last year return was filed with "married filing jointly" status. I have 1040 and entering correct AGI. Should I try entering 0 as AGI?

skonline99

To add some more info:

Last year's return was filed in time and was approved without any issues.

Since AGI value for me was accepted during 2019 return, will trying "0" as AGI only for my spouse going to help?

macuser_22

If you filed a joint return in 2018 then the AGI on the 2018 return is the same for both spouses.   If the spouse rejects then there is probably an error in the IRS database that is impossible to correct.   The only option  is to print and mail file.