My desktop died, but a computer technician was able to recover the data. Turbo Tax Deluxe was reloaded into a new computer, but the data for 2017 & 2018 cannot be found.

I have a tax loss carry-forward from a land sale in 2017 and hope to avoid recreating the details of the transaction.   The loss was first used for the 2017 return and was stored on the previous desktop.  Is there a way to find the needed previous year's data? 

You can obtain a transcript or a paper copy of your 2017 tax return from the IRS.  A transcript can be ordered online for free and it contains the amounts from the lines of each of the forms in your return.  To order a transcript, use this link:  IRS Get Transcript

Plus, below is more information on obtaining a copy of your tax return from the IRS:

And, below are steps to be brought to the section of TurboTax to enter your loss carry forward amount: