chrisbixler111

My deposit look smaller that was suppose to be.

RBBrittain

Did your direct deposit come directly from the IRS, or from Santa Barbara Tax Products Group (SBTPG or TPG)? If it's the latter, you used the "refund processing service" to deduct TurboTax fees from your refund, so what you got from TPG is less than your total IRS refund.
chrisbixler111

Yes I let turbo tax take the fee out of my return.  But according to the IRS the return the sent even minus the turbo tax fee its still short by half.
RBBrittain

Do you have an explanation from the IRS? No one here can look at your return. The IRS makes the final call on your refund, not Intuit.
chrisbixler111

As an example my return was supose to be 2800 and what got direct deposited was 1400
RBBrittain

You didn't answer my main question: Do you have an explanation from the IRS?
chrisbixler111

The IRS says the sent a return of 2800
RBBrittain

Have you checked IRS Where's My Refund or <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://taxpayer.sbtpg.com">https://taxpayer.sbtpg.com</a> to verify the amounts sent?
chrisbixler111

Yes.
RBBrittain

So where did it drop from $2800 to $1400? I'm pretty sure TurboTax didn't cost THAT much. 😉

One possibility is you used the Refund Processing Service to pay your TurboTax Online fees. If you did, your TurboTax fee plus the additional processing fee (plus sales tax) is deducted from your federal tax refund.

Another possibility is your refund was reduced by the government, either to correct a calculation error or through a refund offset.

The IRS Where's My Refund tool will contain a disclaimer if your refund may have been offset. You'll get an explanatory letter from the government if your refund differs from what was on your filed return.