Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

baldrama

My daughter watched my niece who is diabetic last year 2020.my daughter turned 20 in 2020.i payed my daughter but i dont know if she can claim her .

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

My daughter watched my niece who is diabetic last year 2020.my daughter turned 20 in 2020.i payed my daughter but i dont know if she can claim her .

What are you trying to do?   Who is trying to claim who?  What does watching your niece have to do with claiming her as a dependent?   Please explain.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
baldrama

hi my daughter watched my niece last year and i payed my daughter. can i claim my daughter for watching my niece . for child care. i didnt claim daughter as a dependent on my taxes this year.i just want to know if i can do this

Sorry----this just makes no sense at all.    Something is missing here.   What do you think paying your daughter to watch your niece has to do with claiming your daughter as a dependent?    Is your niece your dependent?   Do you mean you paid your daughter to take care of the niece while you were at work?    Who claims your niece as a dependent?    And is your niece a child?   

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies