turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

adyoung17

My attempt at E-Filing says that it won't work because my AGI from 2022 is incorrect. But it is 100% correct. How do I troubleshoot that with the Turbo Tax or the IRS?

Also, If I am reading the responses correctly, I am a Married filing jointly Filer, my 2022 AGI listed for me is being accepted, but the AGI when listed for my wife is coming back as incorrect, despite the fact that it's the same number as what was accepted as being mine

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

My attempt at E-Filing says that it won't work because my AGI from 2022 is incorrect. But it is 100% correct. How do I troubleshoot that with the Turbo Tax or the IRS?

Since the IRS is rejecting the 2022 AGI for your spouse, enter a 0 (zero) for their 2022 AGI and e-file again.

adyoung17

Hi Donin GA .. I tried that too, and it still gave me the same response. Any other ideas?

Then try entering a 0 for both you and your spouse for the 2022 AGI.

If this also fails you will have to print and mail the tax return.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for how to print a tax return for mailing when using the online editions - https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/printers-printing/print-mail-return-turb...

adyoung17

I will, but considering that it accepted the correct AGI for me, I would imagine that putting a 0 in for me, will cause it to reject my AGI outright ...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies