Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My 2023 State of Iowa return was rejected due to overstatement of self employed health premium deduction -- probably due to the earlier issue of form 7206.

I cannot find way to correct it.....
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

My 2023 State of Iowa return was rejected due to overstatement of self employed health premium deduction -- probably due to the earlier issue of form 7206.

I have a solution for others. In the end, after 9 days of no solution available from turbo tax personnel despite the Iowa update, I found that the deduction for self employed  form c medical deductions was partially taken a second time in the Iowa 1040 form line 15 for the Long Term Care premiums.  I went into forms and found the problem and changed it to 0 to get rid of the duplication. This problem was never discovered by the state form review! So I refiled through file  after  correcting the problem manually and the State of Iowa accepted my filing.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
LeticiaF1
Expert Alumni

To better assist you, could you please clarify what the reject code you received from the state of Iowa is?  

I didn’t receive any message from the State of Iowa. I received the rejection notice from TurboTax and no code was given. I spent 3 hours on phone with TurboTax customer service on Feb 23. No solution was determined. I still cannot refile. I received an email today that my case #[phone number removed] had been closed! This is crazy as no one has truly helped on this. I am at a dead-end at moment. The Iowa return still overstates the health premium deduction…what do you recommend I do??

The TurboTax customer service case number they closed is [phone number removed]

This reply  system keeps deleting the case number. 

LeticiaF1
Expert Alumni

There was a software update on February 23, 2024.  Go back to the return and do the following depending on the program you are using:

If using TurboTax Online: Clear your cache and cookies. See this FAQ, for your particular browser.  You can also try a different browser.  

If using TurboTax Desktop: make sure that you run all the updates.  Please see this FAQ.

Run a final review of your state return, make any changes if needed, and re-submit the return.  

@janetpiller 

I have a solution for others. In the end, after 9 days of no solution available from turbo tax personnel despite the Iowa update, I found that the deduction for self employed  form c medical deductions was partially taken a second time in the Iowa 1040 form line 15 for the Long Term Care premiums.  I went into forms and found the problem and changed it to 0 to get rid of the duplication. This problem was never discovered by the state form review! So I refiled through file  after  correcting the problem manually and the State of Iowa accepted my filing.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies