Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My 2019 tax due for the state of Kansas was $654, which triggered making quarterly estimated tax payments to the state in 2020. Where do I enter these on my 2020 return?

If the tax due in any annual tax return is over $500, that's the trigger to owe estimated taxes in quarterly installments to the state for the next year's return.  The 2020 estimated tax payments I made to the state are not reflected in TurboTax in preparing my 2020 state tax return.  Please let me know where this can be entered.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

My 2019 tax due for the state of Kansas was $654, which triggered making quarterly estimated tax payments to the state in 2020. Where do I enter these on my 2020 return?

navigate back to the Federal taxes section.

then go to the "Deductions&Credits" section

If you scroll down the menu page there, you will see an Estimated taxes section, and when you go into the Estimates, there will be a specific menu line to start for entering State quarterly estimates.

make sure you enter the exact dates you paid...do not use the default deadline dates that show up...(some of those dates may be wrong too)

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

That worked!  I appreciate the prompt response.  Have a good day!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies