Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Cali2

My 2018 tax return has incorrect tax data from a 2017 practice tax return. There is no 2017 data to delete under "Import Removal" under the File Menu. Any ideas?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

My 2018 tax return has incorrect tax data from a 2017 practice tax return. There is no 2017 data to delete under "Import Removal" under the File Menu. Any ideas?

Are you using the Online version?  If you don't want to setup a new account,  There is a tricky way to clear out transferred info in the Online version.  But doing this will also clear out all your entries.  Go to Tax Tools > Tools > Transfer from your computer > Continue > then Continue without transferring. 

Oh it sounds like you might have the Desktop program?  Then just star a new return and don't transfer from 2017.  Go up to File-New.  Or don't you have your real 2017 tax return to transfer from?  The 2017 tax returns end in .tax2017.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies