Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My 1099NEC continues to be rejected when I e-file, stating that the information does not match IRS information, I have resubmitted several times and the info is the same as in past years. any help?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
Vanessa A
Expert Alumni

My 1099NEC continues to be rejected when I e-file, stating that the information does not match IRS information, I have resubmitted several times and the info is the same as in past years. any help?

Why is your 1099-NEC the same every year?  Are you using one that you just received in 2023 or are you using one from a previous year?  You would need to enter one that was issued to you in 2023.  If you are entering one that was issued to you in 2023, you may want to contact the issuer to be sure they told the IRS the same thing that is on your 1099-NEC.  

If they say they have and nothing can be changed, then you will need to print and mail your return.  Be sure to MAIL a COPY of your 1099-NEC with the return so they can see what you have.  You still may end up getting a letter stating they have other information.  If you are self-employed, you should have records of what you received which you should be getting together now, so you can work with the IRS to get it resolved after you receive the letter.   

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies