turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

kimmckeen

My 1099 misc is $4000 overstated because the $ left their acct on 12.31.18 but I didn't get $ until 1.2.19, so that needs to be on my 2019 return. How do I adjust?

I think I should enter the full amount as reported on the form but I didn't receive that full amount in 2018 so where do I add the correction?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

My 1099 misc is $4000 overstated because the $ left their acct on 12.31.18 but I didn't get $ until 1.2.19, so that needs to be on my 2019 return. How do I adjust?

Put the total in the income as the IRS was expecting that however  you can make your own category in the expense section ... something like "income received after 1/1"  then make sure to enter that as income next tax season. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Put the total in the income as the IRS was expecting that however  you can make your own category in the expense section ... something like "income received after 1/1"  then make sure to enter that as income next tax season. 

kimmckeen

Thanks a ton!!!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies