Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

vjc1963

My 1099-INT Box 10 (market discount) is zero, but Turbotax says it can't be equal or less than zero. What gives?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
PhyllisG

My 1099-INT Box 10 (market discount) is zero, but Turbotax says it can't be equal or less than zero. What gives?

There isn't a need to enter -0- in the TurboTax program if the Form 1099-INT box 10 has zero.  Just leave the field blank.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
PhyllisG

There isn't a need to enter -0- in the TurboTax program if the Form 1099-INT box 10 has zero.  Just leave the field blank.

in the 2023 software, you cannot leave this field blank. it defaults to 0 even if you delete the 0 first. 

I am having the same issue.  It literally will not let me file my State return electronically.  This needs to be fixed in the software such that the field can be made blank as an option.  I'm guessing they have a forced zero in that field. I cannot seem to find a way to override it.

Put a 1 in the field.  That should work around until the program is fixed.

Thank you!  That is exactly what I did and used the explanation box to say it was a glitch in software.  At least this got around the problem of allowing the e-filing.  I'm sure they'll fix it next year if enough people complain about it.  Thank you for such a fast response!

Glad to help.  It does seem like the squeaky wheel gets the grease situation.  There are some thngs that have been broken for y;ears that never seem to get enough complaints so that they are fixed.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies