Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

When can we start filing taxes for tax year 2018 (filed in 2019)

@Mama2Many If you have fees taken out your refund you won’t see your money until Tuesday afternoon if you have a prepaid card. If you don’t have a prepaid card it will be the day of. Unless your bank have early deposits.

@mr_so_indecisive Is this for all prepaid cards or just rush card's and netspend ?

@cassandrawillis3 from my understanding the ones that deposit early checks. 1 or 2 days earlyz

Early

@mr_so_indecisive when you say day of you meaning on the 27th/Wednesday?

Also I believe my bank does 'early deposits' does that also mean like I get pay check deposit Friday am, bank doesnt "process clear it until monday night... <-this considered early deposit ?

@Mama2Many the day of meaning the 27th. Getting early deposits is, if you get day from your employer on Friday’s and your bank post your check a day or 2 before. For an example: My job pay us on the 5th and the 20th but NetSpend deposit my check on the 3rd and the 18th.

I understand. No cards early deposit for me, I suppose. Checked TPG bank&they hadn't received my refund yet.

The bank is on the west coast..time difference so they probably wont start getting our refunds for dd 2/27 until after lunch time eastern standard time ..cuz irs is eastern... so probably tomorrow around lunch time they should start receiving our refunds..

Just seen That apparently SBTPG updates about 230pm their time, 530/6pm my time. Apparently IRS sends loke a large sum to them or a pre-authorize when they will release so when they recieve the refund it taking out .... anyone clarify the 2nd half?
enriquez341
Returning Member

@Mama2Many that’s good to know. I just checked and nothing was sent. Thanks for the info.

Anyone get an refunds or updates? I'm in Ohio  so I still have time before I can check SBTPG site
anshpo

I'm on EST and theres not an update for SBTPG as of yet. They've had my refund info for over a week now, but not my actual refund.

They get ur info when u agree to have fees taken out of your refund..they just don't receive your refund until the IRS releases the funds which DD 2/27 . Irs will probably release to them some time tomorrow so that it can be released to ur bank on the 27th

@touigivethnx I have to disagree with you on that. SBTPG received our money Friday afternoon. People that paid they fees upfront received their money Friday or Saturday. The IRS send out refunds on the same day for people that have the same DDD. SBTPG will show our money received tomorrow morning and will send it to our banks sometime that morning. If you have a prepaid card or a bank that releases your deposit early, you will see your money in your account in the afternoon around 3 or 4pm.

Yea it's a day earlier than dd for those who have fees taken out but it's usually no earlier than a day..the only ones that get it extremely early are those that prepay for fees
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies