turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

badger55

Missed October deadline, want to use turbo tax online with live support for 2017

Hello, I filed an extension request in April but then had my house flood with all my belongings packed way, which have just been returned, so missed the October deadline.  I would like to use Turbo Tax for my 2017 taxes, the online version since I don't have a computer with a CD drive at the moment.  I would also like the live cpa assist version.  I am not certain how (or if) I can purchase this particular product and want to be sure I can before I try.  Is the CD version the only option for 2017 ? 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
Carl
Level 15

Missed October deadline, want to use turbo tax online with live support for 2017

The online version of TurboTax is shut down permanently and forever for the 2017 tax season. Additionally, the IRS is closed e-filing permanently and forever for the 2017 tax filing season. Your only option is to use the CD version of TurboTax that you physically install on your computer. You can purchase it at https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/past-years-products/

If you have already paid for the online product, then you can call TurboTax Telephone Support and get them to put the Cd/Download in your online account. Then you can download the Cd and install it on your computer. While you have them on the phone you can ask your other questions about live support and the such too, and get the answers on that straight from the source. I don't know if live support is continued after the Oct 15 deadline or not.

To contact Customer Support by phone, see https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies