Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Pay issue

I updated my payment method to pay with a credit card instead of paying with my return so I could save on the $40 fee.
After updating it, I was immediately charged. I wanted to enter a service/discount code before submitting the payment but now I am unable to.
I believed that I would be charged after submitting/filing. Instead I was charged after updating my payment method. The button to enter stated "Confirm Payment" leading me to believe I was confirming the payment method. If it had said, "Pay Now" or "Buy Now" then I would have found a solution prior to entering the new payment method.

I requested a refund and received an email that stated: TurboTax Online is designed not to charge the customer until after they choose to file, so it is not covered under the Satisfaction Guarantee.

I haven't chosen to file yet, so I'm not sure why I was charged.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
JulieS
Expert Alumni

Pay issue

Please follow this link for help with billing issues.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Pay issue

You should always assume that anytime you enter a credit card on any website you will be charged immediately.  You have to pay first to print or efile.  

Pay issue

I see that my taxes hasn’t been submitted after I have done everything that I need to do 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies