Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mpdoodle

Michelle Waiver W2

I received a W2 from the agency that pays out Michelle P Waiver payments. Per the worker, they are just the fiscal agent and my daughter is the employer.

I am unable to e-file because on the W2 ALL boxes including 1, 3, 5, 15, and 16 are blank. The EIN and address for the agency along with my name and address are listed. The only box with an amount listed is 14 and it states NONTAX and then the amount.

The Turbo Tax expert said since it was non taxable income then I could just delete the W2.

I"m nervous about that as I do not want to get into trouble for not including something I should.

I will add that I have been receiving and filing taxes with a W2 from the same agency for Waiver for years and this is the first time that it was blank (with exception to 14, name, address, etc). Was there something changed to how withholding is processed?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

Michelle Waiver W2

Nothing has changed with Withholding but your company may be reporting differently.  Your tax-exempt Medicaid waiver payments from in-home supportive services (IHSS) may be on a W-2, 1099, or no form at all, depending on where you live.

Select the form you received and follow the instructions to enter your payment in TurboTax.

I received a W-2 with $0 in Box 1

I received a 1099 or no form

Certain Waiver Payments May Be Excluded From Income

Michelle P Waiver

Related Information:

@mpdoodle 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies