Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

GinaG
Intuit Alumni

Does anyone else have a blank EULA screen on mac when opening the software?

@melaniemccool @spencer_greg Hi there!  I would like to assist you with the issues you are encountering.  Watch for an email from us with further instructions.  

I tried the uninstall and reinstall instructions as mentioned above, and I still get the blank (what I suspect to be)  EULA window with a checkbox checked off. What is the check box for? What am I agreeing to?

@TTVeteranLLC - as long as you just reinstall from the same CD, you will always get the same results since the error is hard coded on the CD itself.    You must apply the update to fix the error, but that cannot be done unless you first agree the the EULA that yiu cannot see.  As I said above:

Ir's a catch 22 - the CD has the error and cannot be changed since it is hard coded on the CD. The update fixes the error and properly displays the EULA, but you cannot get the update unless you first agree and install.

This is what the EULA says:

<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://turbotax.intuit.com/corp/license/desktop.jsp">https://turbotax.intuit.com/corp/license/deskt...>
**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
dpz
Level 2

dpz
Level 2

As @TTVeteranLLC asked, what is the check box for? What am I agreeing to?

Thanks for the info @macuser_22. After several attempts, I've resolved to move on through the blank screen and have successfully updated.
tk4two1

WHAT IS THE CHECKBOX FOR?!?!?!? CAN SOMEONE PLEASE ANSWER?

@tk4two1 -  See my comments above.   
**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
tk4two1

@macuser_22 - So what you are saying is that you aren't going to answer this specific question. Nowhere did you answer what specifically the checkbox is for.

@tk4two1 - It is what the original question asked - to agree to, or disagree to accept the EULA (Software License agreement).  As said above, it is a bug on the CD that is fix in updates or download version.   There is no way to fix a bug on a CD since it is burned onto the CD.

This is the EULA that should be in that box.
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://turbotax.intuit.com/corp/license/desktop.jsp">https://turbotax.intuit.com/corp/license/deskt...>
tk4two1

@macuser_22 - That wasn't the question...

@tk4two1 - Then what are you asking?   This thread is about the check boxes on the EULA pop-up box.

What check box are you asking about?
dpz
Level 2

@macuser_22 There are two buttons and a checkbox. You’ve explained the agree/decline buttons for the EULA itself via the URL you referenced. The checkbox is for something else and is independent of accepting the EULA. It could be acknowledging that I like cats, or that I’ll manage my money with Mint, or that I’ll allow Turbotax to send diagnostics back to Intuit. We don’t know because the entire window is blank.
tk4two1

Ok, I figured it out. The checkbox is, "Send anonymous diagnostic and usage data to TurboTax, it helps us improve our products and services."

That happens after a crash and is a crash report.   
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies