Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

charlesny09
Returning Member

Manual R15.2 patch not working

I'm Trying to Manually Update TurboTax for Windows Software (Home & Business 2019). However, after trying to run R15.2 patch from the windows desktop i get the error ( TurboTax 2019 is not installed. Please install TurboTax 2019 first and then re-run this update. Not sure what else to do

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

30 Replies

Same here! I have been hoping for someone to reply to your message all weekend. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Home & Business 2019 several times. Restarted the computer several times. I even tried the Business patch. It doesn't work. Still cannot e-file my federal or state tax return and Intuit shows that all the necessary forms are available for e-file. But I can't update the software and keep getting error messages about forms not being available and needing an update. When I try to update with the system, it says the software is up to date. When I do the manual patch, it says Turbo Tax 2019 is not installed. And they've already taken my money for processing the state return even though I can't file anything! I've used Turbo Tax for many years and this is the glitchiest year ever. One problem after another.

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

If you're having trouble updating your TurboTax 2019 for Windows Individual software using the "Check for Updates" method, you can get the latest federal program update here:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/updating/help/manually-update-turbotax-for-windows-software-basic-...

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

@TerukoL That is the manual patch we are talking about. It doesn't work!

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

@TGChaz The patch was updated today. Have you tried it again? When you click the link, you will see today's date. If you have tried the update and it is still not working for you, please contact our Customer Care team.  https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

@TerukoL Yes, I just tried it again and I get the same message that Turbo Tax 2019 is not installed. It still doesn't work!

@TerukoL That support link gives me a phone number ([phone number removed]) and says there is a 45 minute wait to talk to someone. Ridiculous. How has the patch been updated?? It has the exact same name as the previous patch. Nothing about the version number is different. That page has been showing as "updated" at various points throughout the weekend and it is still the same non-functioning patch.

@TerukoL Hello????? You have taken my money and the issue is still not resolved!

I have exactly the same problem.  Something is wrong with Home & Business 2019, and getting software updates.  I have tried updating every day this week through the updater.  Trying the manual update for the first time today, but same error as 

@TerukoL  we should not have to call Intuit support line and have to wait 45 minutes to get connected.  There are 100+ people watching this support thread.  If we all call in, that's a huge burden for your hotline.  Please work with your team and us here to fix the updater for Home & Business 2019.

Here is the error screen when trying to run the manual update:

Capture.JPG

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

Please see the TurboTax help topic below for assistance with updating your software:

Manually Update TurboTax for Windows Software (Basic, Deluxe, Premier, Home & Business)

Hello CassLO,

That is the exact turbotax help topic I was following. After downloading the file and executing, I received the error message in the screen shot in my earlier post.

I have Turbotax home & business 2019 installed, but the manual update error message seems to say I don't have turbotax individual 2019.  How can I manually update my turbotax h&b 2019 ?

Thank you. 

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Please reach out to Customer Support via the Contact Us link below to discuss your options:
https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

Exact same issue here. 

Exact same issue here! Frustrating!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies