Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

dxchopra

Mailing Pennsylvania Tax Return

Hello,
I already filed my taxes this year. While my federal tax return was e-file and is already accepted, I was asked to file my state tax return by mail as I had an early withdrawal penalty greater than the interest income generated per one of the 1099-INT form.

My question really is, Do I need to include all my W-2s and 1099s with my Pennsylvania State Tax return? OR including any of them would work?

I have several 1099s and two W2s (for myself and my spouse) and I am not sure whether including all of them is really necessary.
Please advise.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
JohnW152
Expert Alumni

You'll need to include your W-2s and some types of Form 1099, among other things.

According to Assembling Your PA-40 in the PA-40 Instructions Booklet, you should include your:

Federal Forms, W-2, 1099-R, 1099-MISC, 1099-NEC. Photocopies of your Form(s) W-2 (be sure the information is legible), or your actual Form(s) W-2. Include a statement to list and total your other taxable compensation. You must submit photocopies of your Form(s) 1099-R, 1099-MISC, 1099-NEC and other statements that show other compensation and any PA tax withheld. 

NOTE: Do not include copies of Form(s) 1099-DIV and 1099-INT, unless the forms show PA income tax withheld

See the link above for a listing of all the documents you need to include with your state return.

dxchopra

Thanks. The referenced link/page in your response also says below -

"Include a statement to list and total your other taxable compensation"

Does this mean I need to list out all interest income generated as per the several1099-INT forms I have?

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

It's not clear what they are referring to, but I would not include a list of your Interest Forms unless you have PA withholding, which would be unusual. If they need more information, they will let you know.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies