turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Mailed return 1/16/19. The irs web info “could not be found” Today is 2/25/19. Is this a normal wait time for no information found? Should I print another & re-mail?

This is my very first time to file by mail. I have the tracking number that it was received and delivered to the Austin location on the 19th. 

I re-read the first page and it did say to make sure you signed it.  Now I’m thinking I might not signed it. I usually sign electronically.  I’m not sure if I signed the paper electronically or if it required a regular signature. But anyhow, it’s not even showing up if it’s been received.  Or do I need to wait 12 weeks? 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Mailed return 1/16/19. The irs web info “could not be found” Today is 2/25/19. Is this a normal wait time for no information found? Should I print another & re-mail?

Paper-filed returns take 8-12 weeks to be processed and - due to the government shutdown - the IRS is behind in processing returns.  The IRS will not consider your return received until it has been entered in the system.

If you forgot to sign, the IRS will write to request your signature when they get to your return, which may delay things another week or two.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Paper-filed returns take 8-12 weeks to be processed and - due to the government shutdown - the IRS is behind in processing returns.  The IRS will not consider your return received until it has been entered in the system.

If you forgot to sign, the IRS will write to request your signature when they get to your return, which may delay things another week or two.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies