Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

rmac9-5

TurboTax will will not let me efile because it found an error that I can not correct? Please help!

How can I talk to a person to explain the problem?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
BrandiA

TurboTax will will not let me efile because it found an error that I can not correct? Please help!

Looking for customer or technical support? We've got an online contact form for that.

It’s easy to get help with TurboTax Live.

As you prepare your taxes, you can quickly connect with one of our credentialed tax experts using one-way video or phone. Make sure you're in a TurboTax Live product. If you are, you'll see TurboTax Live mentioned in the left menu. (You may need to select the menu icon to see it.)

Once you've confirmed you're using TurboTax Live:

1. Select the Expert Help icon in the top right.
  2. Enter your question or topic area.
  3. Select Set up a call.
  4. For a callback, enter your info and select Confirm my call. To schedule a call for a specific day and time, select Book a call and follow the prompts.

The process is a little different if you're using the TurboTax mobile app. We've got instructions for how to connect with a tax expert on the app.

SmartLook™ option

When talking to an expert, you’ll have the option to get guidance right on your screen with SmartLook. You can see the live expert (they can’t see you) as they guide you by drawing on your screen and providing the answers you need to file confidently. (Available on a computer and in the TurboTax mobile app; not available when using a web browser on a mobile phone or device.)

Who will answer my questions along the way? Who will review my return?

You'll connect with a tax expert who knows your unique situation. Our dedicated tax experts include CPAs (certified public accountants) and EAs (enrolled agents) who have 10 years average experience.

When are tax experts available?

Our tax experts can schedule live reviews from 5am to 9pm Pacific through April 14, and from 5am to midnight on April 15.

How often can I contact a tax expert?

You can connect with a tax expert as often as you like while preparing your taxes.

Can I talk to the same tax expert each time I call?

When you speak to a tax expert on a specific issue or question, they take notes during your call in case you have follow-up questions. So although you can't make an appointment with a specific person, the next tax expert you speak to will have reviewed any previous notes and can pick it up from there.

I have already paid my fee of $100 and I didn't transmit the completed report.  Two days later I attemptedd to transmit and it asked to pay again(a discounted rate).  My file now says I filed under a Self-employed form which I did not.  We are a retired couple and I am getting very confused.  I don't want to pay again!

ChondelLO
Intuit Alumni

Please click the link below to help get you connected to the right person for assistance. 

What is the TurboTax phone number?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies