Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Why is Turbotax federal review rejecting the 'verification code' on my W2 when it appears exactly as the W2 shows it?

Turbo tax federal review says the verification code I used is not acceptable for Internet filing. Why?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Why is Turbotax federal review rejecting the 'verification code' on my W2 when it appears exactly as the W2 shows it?

Look at box 9 carefully .... you cannot  have any letters except a - f  ... did you enter a zero as an "O" by mistake ?

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Look at box 9 carefully .... you cannot  have any letters except a - f  ... did you enter a zero as an "O" by mistake ?

Thank you.These are excellent comments, but I did your suggested checking carefully and that is not the problem. I am still baffled and frustrated.

Well since box 9 is not required then simply leave it blank in the program.

I am the person who raised the question initially. Two points: One, the problem which arises is the gov't will not accept my return by internet unless this is corrected; Two, my wife, and a previous answer-er, hit the answer on the head, which is, I copied a'zero' instead of an 'O' on my Turbotax form. Problem solved!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies