turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Line 12C on Page 2 of my Form 1040-SR is blank. This is a total line.

The calculations are correct.  It's just that the dollar amount that belongs in the field is not there.  Any suggestions on fixing this?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

The blank line 12c on Form 1040-SR is a bug. It has been reported to TurboTax.

You didn't say whether you are using TurboTax Online or the CD/Download TurboTax software. If you are using TurboTax Online there is nothing you can do except wait for TurboTax to fix the bug.

If you are using the CD/Download software, you can make it print Form 1040 instead of Form 1040-SR. Form 1040 will show the correct amount on line 12c. In forms mode, open the Federal Information Worksheet. Scroll down a little to Part II, where your address is shown. A few lines below your address is a line that says "Print Form 1040-SR instead of Form 1040." On that line, click the No box. Then it will print Form 1040.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

The blank line 12c on Form 1040-SR is a bug. It has been reported to TurboTax.

You didn't say whether you are using TurboTax Online or the CD/Download TurboTax software. If you are using TurboTax Online there is nothing you can do except wait for TurboTax to fix the bug.

If you are using the CD/Download software, you can make it print Form 1040 instead of Form 1040-SR. Form 1040 will show the correct amount on line 12c. In forms mode, open the Federal Information Worksheet. Scroll down a little to Part II, where your address is shown. A few lines below your address is a line that says "Print Form 1040-SR instead of Form 1040." On that line, click the No box. Then it will print Form 1040.

Thanks!  I am using TurboTax download.  I will try your suggestion to print myself a copy.  My concern is if I electronically file the field will be blank and the IRS will have a problem.

rjs
Level 15
Level 15

If you leave it set to print Form 1040 I'm pretty sure the e-file will be okay. Another user who had the same problem used the Form 1040 option and e-filed without any problem.

Thanks for the help!  I will do that.

This worked.  Thank you!

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies