Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

License code, where do I enter for ONLINE turbotax?

I have used TurboTax ONLINE for years and never had trouble before.  I have purchased my TT Deluxe from the store since it's a good deal. I don't want to load it on my computer via CD or DL when there is no need.  

Why does TurboTax make this part HARDER THAN DOING TAXES!?

Any help is much appreciated. 

TJ

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

10 Replies

There is no license code required when using the TurboTax online editions.  You should not even be accessing the TurboTax online editions if you purchased the desktop editions.

You enter the license code on the TurboTax desktop software you install on your personal computer.  You will be asked to sign onto your TurboTax account to activate the license code during installation of the software.

I know that... Let me be more clear....  I am not going to pay the inflated online TurboTax rate ($ 100+?)  for Deluxe when I have purchased it for $44.00 from Sam's club. 

For example I purchased TurboTax Deluxe last year from Sams club and had no issue entering my License code. 

You purchased the software from Sam's club.  You cannot purchase a TurboTax online edition from a retailer.

If you want to use the online editions, I suggest you return the software you purchased from Sam's club for a refund.

The TurboTax Deluxe online edition is currently $39.  If you also do a state return that is an additional $39.

Go to this TurboTax website for the TurboTax Deluxe online edition - https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/online/deluxe.jsp

@poosterypoo wrote:

I know that... Let me be more clear....  I am not going to pay the inflated online TurboTax rate ($ 100+?)  for Deluxe when I have purchased it for $44.00 from Sam's club. 

For example I purchased TurboTax Deluxe last year from Sams club and had no issue entering my License code. 

If you entered the License Code last year then you entered it into the installed Desktop program and didn't use the Online web version.    Or if you used the Online version you didn't notice you paid again for Online  or you used the Online Free Edition or had the Online fees deducted from your federal refund. 

Sorry you can't apply the Desktop CD/Download program and License Code to the Online version. They are separate prices and work different. So you need to get a refund for the Desktop program and pay for the Online version. Or switch to your Desktop program.  

Oh wait!  A couple years ago I think they did sell the Online version in the stores like Costco.  But they only tried that for 1 year, not before or after.   So sorry that is not available now.   Check  your package or invoice.  It says how to install it or how to download the program.  

Wbigham

Getting very frustrated!!! Sign in and do not find a place to enter license code.

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Please call TurboTax Customer service.  Here is a link:  Turbo Tax Customer Service 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
MyPeppers

I’m having the same issue. I just bought the cloud version from Costco and there is no spot to enter it online. Cloud version is for online not desktop. Please explain. Your prices online are triple than the store. If they don’t work then don’t sell them through stores. So what is the void version for and where do I activate the code? 

Costco only sells the Desktop CD/Download program.  There is not a "Cloud" version.  You either bought the CD from the actual Costco store or bought the download version from Costco online.  I bought it from Costco Online.

I bought my Windows Home & Business program from Costco online.  I have Windows 10. Here's how mine went.

I got the activation email in 20 minutes.

I clicked on the link in  the email, then chose PC Download.  It automatically went to my Downloads folder.

I double clicked on the file to to install it.  It installed FAST! It launched and updated.  Hasn't asked for the Activation code yet.  It said to continue but nothing happened.

So I clicked on the Desktop Icon - got a sign in box.  Had to log into my Turbo Tax account.  They emailed me a code to verify me.  

Then got the Activation box and entered the 16 digit code and was in.  Actually I just copied and pasted it from the email.

kkpilap

Totally agree. I spend more time looking for how to activate licence code than doing tax.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies