Late 2016 return file

Late 2016 return file

I am attempting to continue my 2016 taxes and the system is insisting that I amend it however I never actually filed it I need to finish it. How do I access my 2016 return so I can finish it?

Late 2016 return file

Do not click on anything that says "amend".  You do not amend a return that has never been filed in the first place.  You need to follow the instructions in the link, then print, sign, and mail your 2016 return.  You cannot e-file it.  

To finish a prior year return started in TT online:https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2559403-how-do-i-finish-a-prior-year-return-that-i-started-in-turb