Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

moe152

Last year I filed jointly with my spouse but we are separated and filing separately this year. I need only my AGI from last year for a state tax break. How do I find it?

We get a "kicker" from the state this year based on how much our AGI was the previous year. I filed with TTax and my return only shows me the aggregated AGI. I'm supposed to say how much of the prior year only belongs to me. I don't know how to find that given that we shared deductions on our house and such. Help!
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Last year I filed jointly with my spouse but we are separated and filing separately this year. I need only my AGI from last year for a state tax break. How do I find it?

If you filed a joint return the AGI on line 11 of your 2022 Form 1040 is the same for each of you.  The fact that you are separated now does not change that.  When you file a joint return the income is not broken down "per spouse"----it is all combined--which is the whole point of a joint return.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies