My mother's estate was settled in 2019. In filling out my Turbo Tax 2020 it states I need a Schedule K1 form before I can complete my taxes. Why?
Since the estate was settle in 2019, the K-1 from that year should have been marked final.
Here are instructions on how to delete forms:
Here's the general procedure for viewing the forms list and deleting unwanted forms, schedules, and worksheets in TurboTax Online:
- Open or continue your return in TurboTax.
- In the left menu, select Tax Tools and then Tools.
- In the pop-up window Tool Center, choose Delete a form.
- Select Delete next to the form/schedule/worksheet in the list and follow the instructions.
For TurboTax Desktop, the vest way to delete income forms including w-2, 1098, 1099 and K-1 is to do it from the summary screen for that form:
- Search for the form number of name
- Click it's jump -to link and see it it takes you to a summary screen
- On the info screen, you can remove it by selecting Delete