Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ALANMI

K-1 box 20 ZZ1,ZZ3 & ZZ4 from my K-1. Do I enter all as ANOTHER menu dropdown ZZ, then ZZ again representing ZZ3, etc.?

Received K-1 lists 20ZZ1 as Current Federal Bonus Amount.  20ZZ3 as Partner Basis Items & Remedial Items for Section 163(j).  20ZZ4 as Partnership Interest Disposition Gain/(Loss) Adjustment for Section 163(j).

Should I enter them as; ZZ then amount. (To represent actual ZZ1). Should I enter ANOTHER dropdown ZZ to represent actual ZZ3? Should I enter ANOTHER dropdown ZZ to represent ZZ4?

-OR-

Should I NOT enter any dropdown ZZ's and enter the specific info as: ZZ1 Current etc.....ZZ3 Partner etc...?

Thank You.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

K-1 box 20 ZZ1,ZZ3 & ZZ4 from my K-1. Do I enter all as ANOTHER menu dropdown ZZ, then ZZ again representing ZZ3, etc.?

Because information from Box 20 Code ZZ is left for the taxpayer to manually enter on appropriate tax forms (as needed), how you enter these codes/amounts will have no effect on your tax return. In most cases, you can omit Code ZZ (and amounts) entirely. TurboTax will not use entries you do make for Code ZZ.

If you don't recognize or understand the code sections and other supplemental information for Code ZZ, you may need to consult a tax professional for assistance. It's possible these amounts may not affect your taxable income this year or may simply add/subtract from your partnership basis.

You may also consider upgrading to TurboTax Live. This online service provides step-by-step guidance from a tax expert whenever you need assistance, either over the phone or by screensharing.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies