turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

anon-js

Reject reason: F2441-022 - If filing status of the return is Married filing separately and Form 2441 is present in the return, then 'EligibilityRequirementMetInd'

Anyone try this morning? It could possibly be fixed. I do not have a chance to check for a few hours.
chenss7

Reject reason: F2441-022 - If filing status of the return is Married filing separately and Form 2441 is present in the return, then 'EligibilityRequirementMetInd'

I just submitted. Will update if/when it gets accepted or rejected.
anon-js

Thanks @chenss7 ... I submitted about an hour ago. No word yet.

submitted mine an hour ago and just got rejected again. Same error:
"F2441-022 - If filing status of the return is Married Filing Separately and Form 2441 'CreditForChildAndDepdCareAmt' has a non-zero value, then 'EligibilityRequirementMetInd' must be checked."
chenss7

I just heard back. Rejected again. Same error. Seems like I'm going to be filing by mail and sending it in tomorrow.
anon-js

Just rejected.  Printing and mailing.  This is exceedingly frustrating.
gjhickey1

Has anyone else tried submitting through HR Block to see if it goes through? I know one person said it went through fine.

I wish someone would give us an actual time of software update. Irs just list it as soon as possible does that mean within hours, days, months....

I redid my taxes with H & R Block tonight FOR FREE and both federal and state returns were accepted, no problem.  It seems the issue is with turbotax, NOT the IRS.  Block charged nothing for exactly the same forms intuit charged me $80 for.  I will NEVER use turbotax again. I can't guarantee H & R Block will work for the rest of you, but it's worth a shot.  Stop wasting your time with this BS excuse from intuit and get your refund ASAP.  There is likely no need to mail.  Just use a better tax prep company.  I'm getting the exact same refunds through Block, with all the same forms filed, only with H & R Block, it actually works.  Smell you later, turbotax!

I just compared my returns from turbotax and H & R Block.  The issue is 100% with turbotax.  Turbotax is putting an amount in box C of section 2 of form 2441.  If you don't qualify for the credit, there should be no amount in this box.  IT has nothing to do with a box not being checked.  Turbotax isn't completing the form correctly, at least not in my case.  Thanks for stealing $80 of my hard-earned money for a worthless tax return, intuit!  I want a refund!
JG2018

@drumdude96 what does it say in Form 2441 Part II Line 25 for the exemption? That’s where the known error is.

It doesn’t have to do with box C or the credit. If you are MFS and set aside $2,500 for dependent care and properly use it for qualifying dependent care then you are exempt from tax on that $2,500 and you put the amount that is exempt from tax in Line 25. That is what the IRS is acknowledging is processing incorrectly. If Line 25 on your form says $0 then you just paid tax on money you shouldn’t have paid.

MFS can be exempt regardless of whether they qualify for the credit. You are correct in that many MFS will not qualify for the credit, and the form is reflecting that accurately, but the XML coding is not programmed properly in the MeF system by the IRS.

So, please let us know what Line 25 of Part II of Form 2441 says on your H&R Block Form.
anon-js

I tripled checked my 2441 and TT did it correctly.  @JG2018 is right.  Just dropped the taxes in the mail to start the 6 week process.  

Box 25 of part 3 (there is no box 25 in part 2) has $2500 on both turbotax and H & R Block forms 2441.  The difference is box C of part 2.  There should be no amount in that box if MFS.  Turbotax put an amount in that box, H & R Block did not.  That is the difference in my returns, and the reason the turbotax return kept getting rejected. Turbotax just flat out competed the form incorrectly.  Thanks to H & R Block, I'll have my refund in a matter of days instead of months like you folks who are electing to mail in your turbotax returns.
JG2018

@drumdude96 @anon.js Sorry, Part 3, you’re right. I’m not home - out at work. Here’s the form on IRS website - <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f2441.pdf">https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f2441.pdf</a>

Box C in Part 2 is qualified expenses you incurred and paid for your dependent you listed in Box A. How can there be nothing in Box C? If you didn’t actually use the DCAP money on qualifying expenses then it’s supposed to be taxed.
anon-js

I think he or H&R might have messed up 2441, hence it being accepted via e-file.    
Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies