Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

rec123456

Just got a message saying my state and Fed taxes were rejected. Message from 606-82. Is this real. Never rejected ever

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies
mkhribar

Just got a message saying my state and Fed taxes were rejected. Message from 606-82. Is this real. Never rejected ever

according to the IRS Federal Tax Return efile Rejection Error Codes, error code 606-82 does not exist.

Right - exactally what does the reject message say?
**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
mkhribar

what i just discovered is 606-82 is the number that appears on the same text message on both my apple watch  and my iphone i received saying my federal return was accepted.  the email i received did not have a number - so i am guess the number 606-82 is what is used to send text messages.
dcass90

Got the same message today! I rhink its bogus because i never recieved an email stating what was wrong or anything .

Just got off the phone with TT agent she told me to disregard message uts bogus
Barron1
Returning Member

can i refile my tax information

Barron1
Returning Member

i never received a code from the irs explaining why they rejected my submission

Kehm

What u stated makes my head hurt

Kehm

How is this bogus text going to all of us...I just got the 606-82 saying my stimulus submission was reject no reason just it was rejected ...not what to do ...nothing

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies