937andahalfLilac

Jointly held assets treated as held separately by spouse and self

After completing my Pennsylvania state income tax, I discovered that assets jointly held have been treated as held separately by my spouse and me.  This happened on PA Schedule A Interest Income, Schedule B Dividend Income, and Schedule D Sale Exchange Disposition of Property.  I've gone back and double-checked that I marked "jointly" for everything.  Help?

DavidD66

Can you clarify if you filed or will file jointly? If you filed a joint return it won't make any difference.  

937andahalfLilac

We will be filing jointly.

slbradio

I have the same issue. Everything is jointly held, but Schedule B divided every thing in half as if 50% spouse and 50% me and Schedule D divided the totals arbitrarily with 75% (or so) to me and balance to  spouse. 

At the end of the day, the tax owed is the same, but I'm disappointed that the details are not being treated as joint -- as they should be. They are correct as imported in the Federal Return but have a mind of their own on the Pa Schedules. Is TurboTax planning on acknowledging or fixing this bug or at least explaining why this is happening? Or letting us edit our forms to make them accurate?