Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

sib7771

It seems I owe money to the IRS and want to take advantage of the 180 day payment plan as I can't afford to pay anything for 4 weeks please help

I just want some help that's all I ha be to  say
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

It seems I owe money to the IRS and want to take advantage of the 180 day payment plan as I can't afford to pay anything for 4 weeks please help

Go to this IRS website to apply for a payment plan - https://www.irs.gov/payments/online-payment-agreement-application

File your return as soon as possible, since the penalties for not filing are much higher than the penalties for not paying.  You can selected in Turbotax "I will pay by check" which really just means that you will make your own payment arrangements separate from any automatic payments that Turbotx might be able to process for you.

Then go to the IRS site and apply for payment plan directly on their web site.  Unless you owe more than $10,000, you don't need a "forgive my tax debt" scammer, you can apply directly with the IRS. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies