Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

It keeps saying my Fidelity information is wrong. I know I am typing it in correctly. I even changed my password on Fidelity just to make sure.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies
KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

It keeps saying my Fidelity information is wrong. I know I am typing it in correctly. I even changed my password on Fidelity just to make sure.

It depends. I recommend doing some technical housekeeping when unexpected results occur. 

For TurboTax Online:

• Sign out of TurboTax
  • Close the browser Window
  • Wait a minute
  • Open an incognito Chrome Window
  • Sign In to TurboTax

For TurboTax CD/Download:

While you are waiting, go to Fidelity and verify that you have a password in the app for TurboTax.

When you are ready to import, check out these resources:

How do I import my 1099?

If your institution has a discount, click the link for more information.

How do I get my TurboTax affiliate partner discount

@tidwell1924

I am seeing the same issue. 

Something unexpected happened and we need to try again.

Enter your info again, and watch out for typos. If it still doesn't work, double check it with the financial institution to make sure it's correct. (907)

I am able to log into Fidelity fine (inPrivate)

DawnC
Expert Alumni

Tip: Be sure to select the right financial institution or brokerage from the list. For example, several participating partners' names start with First National Bank and if you select the wrong First National Bank, you won't be able to import.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I am getting this error as of day of this post.

Any workaround ?

AmyC
Expert Alumni

You can enter 4 lines and cover the entire form.

Enter the totals for each:

• short term covered
  • short term non-covered
  • long term covered
  • long term non-covered

@true64guru

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

This is happening to me to.... I know my information and brokerage selection is correct and I am just getting "Something unexpected happened and we need to try again."

There have been many reported "disconnects" between brokerage firms and tax preparation software companies. They are aiming for this issue to be resolved by Mid March (I am guessing since Corp. Taxes are due March 15th that is way they are saying "mid-March), but just my assumption. Again, this is happening with even some of the most sophisticated of tax preparation software systems. Curious, could you please let me know if it is guiding you to a specific reason as to the "something unexpected happened..." message, or is that it and it just forces you to save and try again? I'd like to help best I can.

samiraad

I was getting this error as well, tried to see the details of the error in the Developper tools. It turns out the forms in fidelity are not ready yet. TurboTax could have listed a more explicit message because they are getting the error details from Fidelity.

Fidelity is returning the 400 response code with the following message detail:

{statusCode: 400, code: "FDPVLT-3008", type: "SYSTEM", message: "downstream service error: fpo",…}

category: "general"
code: "FDPVLT-3008"

code: "FDP-907"
message: "1099 forms not yet available for user ID There is no tax data for tax year 2020 from Fidelity Investments to import. If you have any questions, or need assistance, please contact Fidelity at [phone number removed]. 
message: "There is no tax data for tax year 2020 from Fidelity Investments to import. If you have any questions, or need assistance, please contact Fidelity at 1-800-544-6666."

Once the forms are ready in Fidelity this error should go away.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies