turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Miket

What is the exact tax rate for my 1099MISC for manufacturer incentive payments? it seems off in my refund. IRS.Gov says its not subject to self employment or federal tax

from irs.gov
(1) are not treated as wages, (2) are not subject
to federal income tax withholding, social security,
medicare, or federal unemployment tax, and (3) are
not considered to be self­employment income and,
therefore, are not subject to self­employment tax.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

What is the exact tax rate for my 1099MISC for manufacturer incentive payments? it seems off in my refund. IRS.Gov says its not subject to self employment or federal tax

It is taxed at your regular tax rate.

For example, if you are in the 25% tax bracket, it is taxed at 25% (plus State tax, plus the 'extra' income could affect other things on your tax return).

It is not subject to Federal tax withholding, but it is still subject to Federal income tax.

001Tilley

How do I know without seeing my return before filing that my 1099 Misc for incentive payments was applied

correctly and not self employment. 

Hal_Al
Level 15

The income should show on line 8 of Schedule 1 with wording that identifies it as incentive or other income.

How do I preview my TurboTax Online return before filing?

You can view your entire return or just your 1040 form before you e-file:

1. Open or continue your return.
  2. Select Tax Tools in the left menu (if you don't see this, select the menu icon in the upper-left corner).
  3. With the Tax Tools menu open, you can then:
    • Preview your entire return: Select Print Center and then Print, Save, or Preview This Year's Return (you may be asked to register or pay first).
    • View only your 1040 form: Select Tools. Next, select View Tax Summary in the pop-up, then Preview my 1040 in the left menu.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies